It’s a milestone episode, but not for anything to do with the episode number, obviously. It happens to be my birthday, and a round-number one at that. And Star Wars, and this podcast journey with you, is still as exciting as ever. Punch it!
And if I may humbly share my birthday wish with you, it’s to be able to do this show as my full time gig.
If you enjoy the podcast, and you think it’s worth supporting this daily dose of Star Wars joy, there are a few ways you can help:
1. Rate the show on iTunes. As of this writing, we’re at 197 ratings. It would be fantastic to break 200 today!
2. Review the show on iTunes. Ratings are terrific, to be sure. As far as iTunes is concerned, reviews are even better, because that takes extra effort. And it helps more people find Star Wars 7×7 when they’re looking for Star Wars podcasts to listen to.
3. Tell a friend. If you like Star Wars and podcasts, chances are you know other folks who like Star Wars and podcasts. Today would be a great day to let a bunch of folks know about this show!
4. Check out my “Hyperspacing Hope” talk … on the official TED website! Yes, my TEDx talk from last year was promoted up to the big leagues, along with several of my fellow speakers from last year’s event.
5. Get the (Unofficial) Force Awakens Trivia Book on Amazon. It features 501+ galaxy-spanning questions and answers from the first of the sequel movies.
6. Become a Patron of the show. There are shows with thousands of Patrons, and I hope to get there someday as well. For now, adding two more, or fifty-two more, would be wonderful.
7. Sponsorship. We’ve had sponsors and affiliate arrangements on the show, and it’s the biggest thing that’s moved the needle in terms of getting closer to doing the show as a full-time affair. It’s also a very particular thing, because it has to be an authentic fit between you (as a listener), me, and the sponsor. If you or someone you know is associated with a brand you think would do well on the show, let’s talk.
Thank you for indulging me in sharing my birthday wish list. 🙂 Now, on with the show!