Now, here’s what we’ve learned from the excerpt:
1. Luke Skywalker – still a commander! Geez, if Han and Lando got promoted, you’d think Luke would have, too…
2. Luke is the one (naturally) who reported on the deaths of the Emperor and Darth Vader, but since Luke was the only one who actually saw and can verify, there’s a doorway that could lead to doubt of Luke in the future.
3. There’s rioting on Coruscant, and after a mob pulls down a statue of Palpatine, Imperial forces arrive and open fire. This, along with other statements accompanying the release of the excerpt, imply that peace will be a long time coming.
4. The home of the New Republic seems to be on Chandrila, which is the home of Mon Mothma, and a Core World not too far from Coruscant.
5. Wedge is on a recon mission, suspecting that the Imperials will pull back to the Outer Rim. He’s been to five planets before this – Abafar, Florrum, Hinari, Raydonia, Ryloth. Of these, four appeared in the Clone Wars cartoon series, and a fifth (Hinari) is being introduced for the first time.
6. Now, “months” after blowing up the second Death Star, Imperial forces are arriving at Wedge’s sixth stop, Akiva. And he can’t run fast enough – he’s caught in a tractor beam, and has to sabotage his ship upon entering the landing bay to try to escape.
7. In command of the ship is none other than Rae Sloane, who you may remember from Star Wars: A New Dawn. From a field promotion to captain in A New Dawn, to an admiral in Aftermath, it’s been a very eventful 15 years or so. And she’s working with half-trained troops and a third of the number of TIE fighters as she think she needs.
Okay, enough reading mine! Go click the links at the top to read it for yourself, then come back here and let us know what you think!
Trivia Time!Test your knowledge of the Star Wars universe!
Yesterday’s answer: Two
Today’s question: What duo were in charge of placing sensors while on Hoth patrol?